Most people who uses Samsung Galaxy Note 9 don’t know that they can share the Wi-Fi Connection. Yeah , you heard me right. I am not talking about Data connection but your WiFi connection.
On a noms, when you are connected to a Wi-Fi Network on most Android phones, you’re not allowed to turned on Mobile hotspot. Turning on the mobile hotspot while the WiFi is turned on will cause the WiFi to turn off before the mobile hotspot turns on. Now, when you try to turn on your Wi-Fi when the Mobile hotspot is turned on, the Mobile hotspot turns off before the WiFi turns on.
So basically, the two can’t be turned one at once. Well not anymore. Now you can turn both of them on at the same time, therefore sharing the Wi-Fi network’s data you’re connected to, to another device via your mobile hotspot. However, there is a trick to achieve this as it isn’t a straight forward process. Thankfully, no third-party app is needed in carrying out this process, everything we need has already been provided by Samsung. All that is required of you is to follow the steps below.
Here Is How To Share Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Wi-Fi Connection
- Firstly, you’ll have to turn on your WiFi and connect to a WiFi network.
- Once you’re connected to a WiFi network, go to Settings Menu/App and Click on Connections.
- Tap on Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Now this is where it gets tricky. Turning on the switch beside the Mobile Hotspot will turn of your WiFi and disconnect you from the WiFi network that you’re connected to.
- So what you will do at this point is to tap on the space between the Mobile Hotspot and the switch at the far.
- Taping on that will take you into the mobile hotspot sub menu.
- From there you’ll have the option to Turn on WiFi Sharing which is what you want.
- To turn this on, just use the switch in front of the WiFi Sharing Option.
- Once the Wi-Fi Sharing is turned on, it creates a mobile hotspot which uses the data from the WiFi network the device is connected to. Now other devices can Connect to your device’s mobile hotspot while it is still connected to a Wi-Fi Network.
NOTE that The Mobile hotspot your device creates can accommodate up to 10 users which is clearly written in the mobile hotspot sub menu.
This feature is very nice feature. However, it increases battery consumption as you have a whole data going through the device. The battery consumption increase with each device that Connects to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Mobile hotspot.
Drop a comment if helpful!!