Keyword research is one of the most important tasks when doing Site Optimization. With the right keywords, you will be able to push your site into the top ranks of search results and drive significant numbers of organic users to your site.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Research
– User Keywords characterize your audience in terms of demographics, profession, character, and their role when using your sites
– Location Keywords specify where people use your app. These are important if your app is relevant in specific countries or cities, but also if it is mainly used in the workplace, in urban areas, or at the beach.
Work through your spreadsheet, segment by segment. Try to find at least three to four words per segment. Stick to these rules:
– Be spontaneous and write down your ideas without overthinking them.
– Don’t censor yourselves. Even ideas that sound absurd at first glance might turn out to be great keywords. Make judgments about keywords later based upon data.
– Write your keywords down on post-its, so you can reorder them if necessary
Measure Results and Optimize Your Keywords
Your key performance indicator (KPI) is the total number of impressions. You can find it in the Analytics section. Google does not provide impression numbers in its Google Play Console. Thus, you need to rely on the number of Store Listing Visitors. Although this figure is also impacted by other measures (that aim to increase the conversion rate), it is a decent indicator for visibility.